View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 09:32 PM   #68
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think Frank is cool. I like his swagger. I'm not sure he's better than some of the guys we can get at 31, though. I think there are going to be some real steals. People are super quick to want to trade picks for mediocre players like Frank, but are also super quick to trash Cuban for not going after someone like Giannis in the second round.

There are a lot of really decent servicable guys that are going to fall out fo the first round. Maybe even some stars.

I also think we've given up on Wright way too soon. All of the physical traits of Frank but he hit 37% of his threes on the season and 50% in the postseason. He was totally lost on defense so he didn't get played, but rather than trading away assets, I could see Rick sitting on him and catching him up to speed for next season. We pay nothing to get him and seeing as he's pretty untradable, we make something out of nothing. He makes Frank totally redundant IMO.
Don’t get me wrong, part of me wants them to stay put and draft at 18 & 31. I agree there could be some guys at 31 that could help in a year or two. But if they spot an upgrade that happens to be a young vet and is good value then I’m all for that too instead of picks. I think Denver’s trade for Jerami Grant is instructive in that regard. He’s definitely more valuable to them than anyone they could’ve picked and none of the growing pains of a rookie. He was a second round pick and it took him years to reach the point he’s at now. Nothing wrong with a “sure thing” if another team doesn’t have a use for the guy and they would rather have 18 or 31. Win-win.

Last edited by mac222b; 09-22-2020 at 09:33 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote