View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 02:21 PM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Enough with the preseason

Quote:
You're gonna miss little stevie bad hair more than most of you seem willing to admit, at least early on. He really was the computer that was at the hreart of your system. You have so many potential scorers, but I don't know who is going to be the fulcrum of it all. Almost every shot that any one but Dirk takes is a minus for your team, but nash was the one that got him the ball where and when he needed it. Is Terry a gunner? will he be able to keep the other dogs happy?
.I can't speak for everyone else but personally I fully expect to miss Steve on the offensive end for a while. I'm confident that the defense we'll be getting at pg will moderate, though not overcome that loss early on, however, and hopeful that over time the players will find that fulcrum you talk about. As for every shot Dirk doesn't take being a minus, I can't say I agree with that. It's not realistic to have Dirk take every shot, and while the other players in the team aren't as efficient as Dirk or Steve, it's still the case that Terry, Fin, Stack, Marquis and Damp have all distinguished themselves as considerably more efficient scorers than, for example, Walker or Webber, who are the guys that I would consider shooting minuses.
Quote:
Finally: Defense. The Mavs have players that can D now. But it takes more. Will Nellie ever give more than lip-service to D?
Clearly you don't follow the local media reports. As was the case in 2002-03 when the Mavs improved to be a middle-of-the-road defensive team, D has been the main focus of camp.
Quote:
(Oh yeah, the game. I think both teams are going to sputter and cough into the season this year. So this game will be decided by whichever team is less awful. The monumental: Clash Of The Weenies.)
Unfortunately, with the injury troubles both teams have faced in the preseason I can't argue with this.