Thread: Gay marriage...
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Justifying sin is just that.

Right is right, and wrong is wrong.

With that said, government should have nothing to do with marriage.
The only thing that they really have is the ability to determine how much $$$ you pay or don't pay based upon what you claim to be true.

Unfortunately when it is said and done -- this isn't a government issue at all. It is a money issue.

For what it is worth, I can be married by my wife and I signing a bible in front of witnesses, and claiming to be married. It just starts to get complicated when the $$$'s get divided at divorce, or if someone else claims the $$$ because you are married to them, or upon death, and the $$$$ is divided.

Governmental control happens because of $$$$.
Business doesn 't want it because it will cost them more in $$$$ (health care, etc)

$$$$ is the answer to the issue.

I wish it was because it is called an abomination, but that isn't the reason that government claims control of this issue.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote