Thread: Injuries
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 10:22 PM   #5
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Now that the season is over, I'm curious how people view the fact that the FO put a knowingly injury prone team on the floor this season. It seems like a total cop out to put blame on them when it as a given that injuries were going to play a huge role this season. I'm not saying they have as of yet, but it surely seems like an easy scapegoat.
Beggars can't be choosers. Mavs were once again in a terrible position in the offseason, so they had to take flawed guys. An injured shooting guard who cannot drive to the basket who they had to money whip. A PG who is injury prone and close to done (who actually worked out well for big portions of the season) and so on.
It comes back to the fact that the FO outthink themselves with some pie-in-the-sky plan A every year which they are 0-5 in. I think they did the best they could on plan B and C. But it's never going to make you a serious contender in the Dirk era again.

Last edited by Dim499; 04-25-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote