View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 12:34 PM   #173
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
PG is less effective if stop his driving and force him into more 3's or jumpers.

The problem is the Mavs haven't stopped him from attacking the rim.

When engaged and moving his feet J.Rich is probably the best the option we have vs PG . I thought that coming into the series and I still believe it

J.Rich actually did good vs PG in the regular season final meeting....now it was just one game but he did a great job staying in front of him.

KL is going to get his regardless but I think the Mavs need to go all out makinf sure PG isn't efficient the rest of the way. If they can slow him down despite KL dominating the Mavs might still have a shot.
A zone with bigs in the paint not chasing guys out to the 3-pt line will eliminate the layup drills. If anybody ever pays attention to when Boban is in, if he's near the rim, players pull up or pass out. The only time he gets burned is when he is out of position because he is cheating out towards the 3-pt line or out there completely because of his defensive assignment.

Yes, I know Boban's defensive stats appear unimpressive at a glance, but what do you expect to happen when you pull your 7'4" center out from under the basket and have him chase a small out to the perimeter? Duh! The other team will drive, drive, drive. It's not rocket surgery.

Last edited by turin; 06-03-2021 at 08:57 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote