View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 03:22 PM   #177
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
We'll just agree to disagree. Anybody with 2 eyes who pays attention will notice the fact that the offense is completely aware of Boban when he is under the basket. Players will either not drive or kick out early rather than go straight at him. Is this 100% fool proof? Not at all, but compared to every other center on the roster, Boban is a noticeable difference in the bulk size and deterrent department. If you can't see this with your own eyes, I can't help you.

The majority of times you see layups against Boban is because he is out of position defensively, and he is not quick enough to recover. This is exactly why the Mavs should play a zone. The closer he is to the basket, the less time he needs to react and the shorter the distance he needs to cover to be able to defend. Boban's biggest defensive issue is the defensive system. He's a square peg that the coaches try to fit in a round hole by having him switch off in man and go to the perimeter. I don't know why this is such a difficult thing for you to grasp. It's not as if you can break out stats chock full of minutes with Boban and the Mavs executing a zone defense; yet you continue with your unproven assertions. Don't worry, RC agrees with you.
I like Boban because he 'gums' up the works. He has his spots. He can change the rhythm of a game here and there. He is like a gadget you pull out to change gears and to throw something different. He has a use. Once they start hitting threes, its time to take him out. Also, he is just massive and he gets into the paint. You can see the frustration of the Clipper players when he is in. He is the elephant in the room and you can't move him.