View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 04:52 PM   #178
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
I like Boban because he 'gums' up the works. He has his spots. He can change the rhythm of a game here and there. He is like a gadget you pull out to change gears and to throw something different. He has a use. Once they start hitting threes, its time to take him out. Also, he is just massive and he gets into the paint. You can see the frustration of the Clipper players when he is in. He is the elephant in the room and you can't move him.
I do sort of agree with Turin

Boban can be effective but he has to be in zone defense to protect him.

The problem is the Mavs haven't played much zone sine that 2011 team that D.Casey was coaching the defense.

RC might show you zone once every 20 games.

I've never understood why they refuse to play heavy zone because they get beat on the perimeter all the time with teams attacking the rim and knocking down open 3's

So mixing it up with zone and playing two bigs would at least clog up the paint and stop inside buckets inside that would be half the battle.

I don't think KP next to Boban on offense would be an issue because Boban would post up and KP would be the stretch guy as usual. If you really wanted to try and win games by out scoring the Clippers then IMO this would be the best way to go because Boban is a walking bucket once he gets post up position and the Clippers don't have anyone to match him which forces them to play Zubac again

Zubac is a good matchup for the Mavs offense so you would think RC would be all in on trying to force the Clippers to go back big giving the Mavs advantage again

But I really don't hold out any hope a zone defense would be used by the Mavs to the extent we saw the Heat use it last year to their advantage to protect guys like Herro and D.Robinson defensively on the floor together.
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote