View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 12:45 AM   #14
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
question my intelligence or not the defense we played was poor. Letting a struggling team score 41.7% (which would accurately be rounded to 42 and not 41%) is not good defense.
That "struggling" team is 3-1. That "struggling" team is averaging over 94 ppg (which would have been top 10 in the NBA last year).

Quote:
I saw Orlando take many open threes which they luckily missed
I saw our guys not getting back in transition which allowed for many dunks and layups
I saw guys failing to put out the effort in half-court defense.
I saw guys gutting it out on defense despite being exhausted. I saw a comeback in the 3rd that was fueled by stops. There were breakdowns but they tried. Defense is largely effort and I saw effort on most possessions (except for the 2nd quarter).

Quote:
I can go play by play if you really want to keep up with your ridiculous proposition that our defense kept us in the game. That's what I saw and that's what the Mavericks players and staff have echoed.
Go play by play. What is that going to prove? "x" player made/missed "x" shot is all it is going to show. It isn't going to show if a defender had a hand in the face or if the shot was uncontested.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote