View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!

Quote:
But all you've done is spray negativity in this thread like a dog marking its territory.
I find that a little offensive since you said

"Maybe I don't have YOUR basketball IQ [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]" as if I dont have the basketball IQ to understand the game I was watching.
"Who knows if your current opinion will be the one that hangs around until tomorrow" as if I was flip-flopping. What a deceptive move! You knew exactly how I was editing my posts. Exactly, and you always had the option to quote. To imply that I was doing anything more than being annoying is beyond any standards of debate.

I can hardly see how I am the real pessimist here. I have only questioned the EFFECTIVENESS of a defense that allowed for many open shots and that the franchise admitted to. You have still failed to address any of those concerns legitimately. You play the "interpretation card", and do so questioning my intelligence on my interpretation, and then when you fail to explain why we allowed for a layup and dunk drill, you move on to the argument that the Mavs tried their hardest.

I agree that they tried hard. I agree that they are generally a better team. I just see nothing in your argument except for stats that seem to point to any understanding of what actually happened in the game. We failed to roll on defense, we failed to get back on defense, we failed to contest shots. Those aren't matters for interpretation, Max. You know better than to say they are. When you get challenged on the exact contents of the game you jump to stats, but ignore what really happened in the game. The fact is that the stats looked good defensively. The Mavs in the game did not.

Many posters have already posted that they noticed the same things. and

Stackhouse, "They got so many easy baskets in transition....I just think that we just needed a little bit more effort."

Daniels, "We just got to get back in transition and take away some of those easy baskets they were getting. We just have to be able to setup our defense. "

Don Nelson, "We had to go to our zone, since we weren't getting much done."

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote