View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #1745
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

For all of us who have been upset and dissatisfied with all offensive no defensive lineups in Dallas over the last 6-8 years this should be a breath of fresh air.

I remember when the Mavs finally surrounded Dirk and Terry with legit defenders on the wings and Tyson in the middle and that changed the entire makeup of the franchise.

None of those defenders were expected to lift the mavs over the top but in the playoffs Dirk went nuts and the defense always seemed to get key stops in the 4th qtrs.

Honestly, I'm beyond ecstatic with the change in roster building moving away from all small guards and one dimensional offensive minded players.

I believe especially last year that the Mavs could afford to lose some offense to sacrifice for defense because they were going to score points regardless.

While everyone is stressing out over that 3rd star offensive player I believe this is more of a 2 star league now and if you have 2 stars and surround them with the right pieces you make noise.

Luka and KP are as good as any two man star tandem in the league. You can win it with them two if you have the right parts. That LA roster last year regardless of what anyone says wasn't that loaded they just had the right pieces around LeBron and AD

They weren't a great shooting team which is why I think at times fans and analytics get carried away with thinking you need shooters every where.

The Lakers and Heat were both two of the top defensive teams in the NBA and they met in the Finals.

The Raptors were a great defensive team the year before and won the title.

If the Mavs can somehow jump up into that top 10 defensively this year I think they are easily going to be a top 5 team in the NBA.

The only real piece I see missing is one more legit big in case of injuries up front.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote