View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #53
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Rick Carlisle gets exposed this season. And it is not even funny.

His rotations are embarrassing.

This was a game where Dirk, Marion and Carter should have played 38min. Also Morrow should have been out there instead of Crowder and Mayo.

Playing Morrow in the last 4 sec (what's the f* point coach ?) reminded me of Avery Johnson, when he pulled Kidd in crunch time...

horrible coaching.
While I won't quite go as far as calling the coaching horrible, there were certainly some very questionable choices. Considering how well Bernard James has been playing defensively (especially last game against NO), there is absolutely no excuse for him to only see 3 minutes on the floor this game. I missed the 1st quarter and from the stats looks like he started off a bit poorly, but if nothing else it was a big body to clog up the lane whose not afraid to get his hands up and more than willing to leave the scoring to others. And Mike James playing in clutch time? While Collison had a poor game, I'll take him at the end of a close game every time over Mike James. Mayo had a horrible game, but that's kind to be expected matched up with Kobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
All we need is a defensive minded center. Like Tyson Chandler for example. Dallas has always relied on a big man for success. Even Dampier/Diop/Haywood did a decent job for us. We no longer got one. It exposes our weeknesses. And if Marion isn't out there, we got no one to guard the perimeter either.
Bernard James! Are you guys watching the games? I mean he's not elite by any means, but watch him. He does not give up on defensive and is the only Mav I've seen this season willing to commit hard fouls on drives to the basket to force free throws rather than soft touchs creating a +1 scenario. We need to hold on to this guy and develop him. He's number 6 in the league in blocks per 48 minutes played (4.18) and 18th in rebounds per 48 (14.2) and has a 15.4 PER. IMHO, he should be seeing more minutes second only to Brand.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote