View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 10:56 PM   #29
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Stojakovic Asks Kings to Trade Him

Quote:
Originally posted by: Hitman
Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
I don't want Peja on the Mavs. He may be the "best regular season shooter" in the NBA. But he is absolutely horrendous in the playoffs. And people whine about Dirk being one dimensional, Peja is a whole lot worse. He can shoot. Very well. But he doesn't pass well. He doesn't rebound well. He ddoesn't get block shots. He gets some steals.

The Mavs do not need a sweet shooting small forward that brings nothing else.

This is the type of post that makes me wonder why I bother coming here.

You don't want Peja Freaking Stojakovic on the Mavs? Who the hell do you want then? Who do you want as your small forward? Lets see...right now you have Michael Finley. Does anyone in their right mind want Michael Finley over Peja?

Am I missing something here?

Finley takes 16.1 shots to get....18.6 points. And he will grab you a cool 4.5 rebounds.

Oh....in the playoffs he will net 13 and 3.

Peja takes 17.1 shots to get....24.2 points. And he will grab you a cool 6.2 rebounds.

Oh...yeah, he wasn't great in the playoffs this year, but he did get 18 points and 7 rebounds, way better than Finley, and was hampered by Chris "I am starting to be more selfish early" Webber.

And lets not forget games 1 and 5 versus...um...the Mavs...when he scorched us.

You don't want Peja Stojakovic to play small forward for your team?

Ummmm...who the hell do you want then?

BTW, why are you comparing 6'10 Peja Stojakovic to 6'7 shooting guard Michael Finley? I'm glad to see Peja averaged 5 more points than Finley. He should've because for the majority of the season he was the Kings offensive weapon. He was the Kings Dirk Nowitzki. Finley was at times the number 2-4 offensive option.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote