View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 05:53 PM   #62
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all
Default RE:Mavs trade - Breaking news from ESPN 103.3

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: GP
The Hornets owners need to be run out of the NBA. They took a great franchise with a great following and reduced it to rubbish. It got so bad that they had to move out of town. They are a disgrace.

JR Smith brings them a future. This guy looks like he's really gonna be a player. They have Jamal Mashburn who was an all star before he became so injury prone and also have Baron and Maglore who are two current all stars. I think the word disgrace is a bit harsh just because they lost Darrell Armstrong. If they were in the East they would be a top 5 team. Only thing I will ever fault them for is for firing Paul Silas after having that team overachieve for so many years.
The disgrace has nothing to do with Armstrong, but how they alienated all of their fans in Charlotte to the point that no one would even attend a game. They don't understand how to market their team or how to put a good product on the floor. They fired Silas who is a great coach for no reason at all and now they have a team that is absolutely horrible. I'd bet money that in a couple of years they are going to be trying to relocate again when they can't blackmail the community into paying for a new arena or something else. They tried to extort the Charlotte community and it backfired on them.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote