View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #103
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
It seems the crux of the of the disagreement is that I give Lebron way more credit for having a realistic big picture view of things.

Lebron leaving Cleveland, where he as deep roots, for Dallas would be in itself an admission that he needs help. You don't have to go far from that point to assume that he's look at the age of the help.

Time will tell. If he's as egocentric as you say the Knicks are the only play.
But you're not just talking about whether he'd get help now. He absolutely would get help in Dallas now--Dirk is here. What you said is that he'd also be concerned with the ages of the team's stars, because he'll be worried about whether he'll have help down the road. I say there's absolutely no way a guy like him is thinking about that.

Certainly, he'll look at the current roster and whether the team is already a good one (Dallas, Chicago) or not (NY, NJ). But I just don't believe for a second that he's going to be scanning the roster ages and thinking to himself, "Oh man, if I go to Dallas, I'm screwed in 4-5 years when Dirk is too old."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote