View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
We've been down this subject before -- I think it's particularly telling (as Kristoff points out) that "conservatives" are also more inclined to give time and blood.

Anybody that has been heavily involved in any kind of institution can tell you that sooner or later people heavily involved with an institution come to care as much about the institution as it's purpose. Liberals, it seems to me, care more about government than the people government is supposed to help.

and...

what's so "compassionate" about wanting someone else to give their money to somebody else? I'd like for you to buy my family christmas presents this year....does that make me a compassionate guy?
yes, we discussed the issue of Biden not contributing anything to charity. We found that McCain and Palin had.

Generates a lot of animosity.

Basically, liberals think that we should tax rich people and let the government redistribute the money to help people out. Charity is the job of Obama and company.

Conservatives go to church and think that service should be done personally and without acclaim or notice. Conservatives think service is a moral obligation and is the job of good people.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote