View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 09:31 PM   #115
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
It'll never happen but you have to think moving Kleber into the starting lineup at least gives the Mavs 3 solid defenders on the floor to start off games.

That would at least allow you to move Luka over to Looney.

Kleber has defended guys like Leonard and George in the previous two post seasons and I think switching him over to Wiggins then allows less help defense.

Luka can't be any worse vs Looney compared to Powell to start off games. Dude was like 4/4 from the field and had like 3-4 offensive rebounds to get him started.

Brunson actually did a nice job on Draymond and I think both Bullock and DFS will up their defense in game 2.

Kleber also allows the Mavs to get into the offense they want to play right out of the gates.

Powell, Dinwiddie and Frank would be my primary 3 man bench unit. I still think Frank should mirror some of the minutes that Poole plays in order to get a solid defender on him.
As I've said, wanting Powell out of the starting lineup is akin to wanting Cuban to sell the team. It's just whistling in the wind. Maybe they try it if we go down 3-0, but it likely wouldn't matter at that point.

I'm almost scared that the Mavs don't try to upgrade Powell in the offseason...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote