View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 11:13 PM   #1
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future
Default Official Mavs 2020 Draft/Free Agency Thread

Didn't see a thread for this (if I missed one, I'll delete) and it seems like this place is turning into a ghost town, day by day. Personally, the shutdown felt like an off season and the bubble has my basketball and Mavs appetite in overdrive.

So, what's the consensus around here regarding the best way forward? If you're the GM, do you hold off to see what Giannis does, or do you go into talent acquisition mode, full steam ahead? Maybe the latter, while carefully keeping yourself within 1-3 realistic steps of clearing space if/when you need it?

If you're ready to kiss Giannis goodbye, are there other 2021 targets that peak your interest? In any event, do you try to find seasoned vets who are on a win-now timeline, or do you stick with dudes in the 22-28 range who can grow with Luka and KP?

This part of the cycle is fascinating to me.

EDIT: I see that there's a whole board option devoted to discussions like this. I feel like this warrants its own thread but I know there are some hardcore rules here. I can't find an option to delete this, but if a mod wants to do it I'll understand.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 09-11-2020 at 11:27 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote