View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #24
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Paulander Hefe Weizen -- drink quality over quantity. Wheat Beer though, so you will either love it or hate it -- I don't find many people in between on this one.
Paulaner Hefe Weizen is a good choice. For me one of the best wheat beers. It has a middle portion of barm.

Other good wheat beers are:

Erdinger (less barm)
Kaltenberger Prinzregent Luitpold (much barm)
Original Schneider Weisse (amber coloured beer)
Andechser Weißbier (It´s a beer from an abbey about 10 kilometer from my home town. A "pilgrimage site of beer drinkers", the so called: "Heiliger Berg" (holy mountain). They also brew a bock style wheat bear with about 12% alcohol. As the padre always had trouble with visitors, they stopped to serve this beer at weekends.)

To enjoy drinking wheat beer, you have to know how to drink it. If you drink wheat beer for the first time you could get the impression the beer is contaminated, but it´s the barm. So don´t forget to stir up the barm on the bottom of the bottle with the last leftover of the beer. You have to pour out the beer completely out of the bottle to scatter all the barm. Use the special wheat beer glass:

Link

Don´t serve it with a slice of lemon, which is a taste shamming modification!

The wheat beer is the most popular beer in Bavaria. There is another variety of wheat beer, the so called "Kristallweizen" (clear). This is not a real wheat beer, because the barm is filtered out of the beer.

So in the meaning of the Oktoberfest in Munich:

OANS, ZWOA, G´SUFFA!

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote