Thread: Mein Drumpf
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 10:41 AM   #390
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Thoughts on the Cowboys kneeling before and standing during the flag? I personally thought it was a great "let's find common ground" approach and should be largely viewed as a success. However early indications from twitter and polls show only about 30~ish share the view and 50~ish say no kneeling at all should be done and 20~ish saying it's pointless if it's not during. Some going as far as to say they are disavowing the Cowboys as their team after decades of viewership. Again showing to me that this country thrives on controversy and division more than unity no matter what hashtag or arm locking is being displayed.
Publicity stunt by Jerry Jones. I viewed it as him straddling both sides of the argument. Showing unity with his team while also protecting his multi billion dollar investment.

Not surprisingly, fans were still booing the team by kneeling BEFORE the anthem (even though we know the kneel isnt about the anthem), so really no matter what black people do for a protest to draw awareness, there will always be people that are ignorant about it.