View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #21
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You're thinking of it the wrong way. These aren't #2 guys who need a young stars with lots of years ahead of them to compete. These are #1 guys who expect that a team will be built around them. If we get Lebron or Wade, we are as young as either of those guys (25 or 28, respectively). The age of our other stars is pretty much irrelevant.

These guys have huge egos--they're not worried about "oh, but what happens once Dirk is too old?" They're thinking, "Once Dirk is too old, I'll still be the man in Dallas, just like I will be the first day I get there."
I couldn't disagree more. Lebron's already been there and done that. It's lead to playoff disappointment and people questioning his ability to be a lead dog. I pretty sure that at this point he knows he needs help and wouldn't be so sure about our ability to replace a player as talented as Dirk.

He would have immediate help here but again, losing a year would be disastrous given the age of our core. Maybe in two years Dirk's still playing at a high level and we've managed to replace the production that we're currently getting from Kidd and Marion but it's going to take more than money. We're going to have to get lucky. If I'm Lebron I'm not betting my legacy on that. I hope he does but I wouldn't.