View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 AM   #66
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
Some thoughts about what looks to be developing:

I'm pretty excited about chemistry possibilities on this team (especially if we get Brand). Brand and Kaman had their best years together. They never had Dirk.

Add two solid players that played together last year in Indiana (Collison and Jones). Both play defense.

Our team will play some pretty kick ass defense when you throw Marion into that buzz saw.

Re-sign Delonte and our defense is going to get even better.

Of course, don't forget that we also have a defensive-minded coach that figured out schemes to shut down Lebron.

I love Tyson Chandler to death, but even he didn't have THAT much help on defense when he played here.

It seems like we didn't rebound the ball well last season. Kaman and Brand can rebound with the best of them.

We really just need a cold-blooded threat at the SG (time to step up Roddy). Dirk, Brand , Kaman, Carter and Collison will get theirs when it comes to scoring. Marion will always pick up the "ugly" points (take out the trash).

Brand and Kaman both shoot free throws better than Haywood (each about 25% better). Me Likey

Both Jones and Collison shot in the mid .800s in free throws last year. Let's get their young, quick athletic frames to the free throw line.

The points per game added by Brand and Kaman would probably make up for the PPG by letting Terry and Haywood go.

We would have to run the offense differently. It seems our offensive interior game is about to get A LOT better when you combine big strong scorers down low with penetrating point guards. Dirk will be waiting on the parameter.
+ rep i got a boner reading this haha
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote