View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 11:49 AM   #16
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavericks vs. Spurs Gameday Thread

Quote:
I'm looking for Devin to be a key figure in this one. I haven't seen an opposing pg as unaffected by Devin as Tony Parker was last week. If Devin can frustrate Parker and keep him out of the lane, it would go a long way towards us picking up the win.
From what I saw, the reason that Parker was able to do what he wanted against Devin (and Jason Terry) is that the Mavs never figured out how to effectively defend the Spurs pick-and-roll. Most of the night, the Mavs had Harris trying to fight over the top of the screen AND Dampier or another big man flashing really high. Personally, I think that Harris needs to go underneath the screen and have the big man flash high and then recover. That will prevent the big guy from breaking free toward the basket but will also force Parker to stick a few open jumpers (something I really didn't see him do last Wednesday).

I'd rather have Tony Parker beat me from 20 feet all night than have him driving and breaking down the defense.