View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

We've been down this subject before -- I think it's particularly telling (as Kristoff points out) that "conservatives" are also more inclined to give time and blood.

Anybody that has been heavily involved in any kind of institution can tell you that sooner or later people heavily involved with an institution come to care as much about the institution as it's purpose. Liberals, it seems to me, care more about government than the people government is supposed to help.

and...

what's so "compassionate" about wanting someone else to give their money to somebody else? I'd like for you to buy my family christmas presents this year....does that make me a compassionate guy?