Thread: NVE to Pacers?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2002, 09:59 AM   #24
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< I've never liked the guy. I don't like his game. I don't like his mindset. I don't think he fits the needs of the Mavs. >>

I've never liked Vince Carter. I don't like his game. I don't like his mindset. But I still realize he's an excellent player.

The comment about fitting the needs of the Mavs, however, makes perfect sense, and that's why everyone SHOULD want to ship Van Exel out. Not because the guy's not a good player, but because he's actually TOO good to be a backup PG for the Mavs. Nellie is way too tempted to play him more often than he should, and that's why he must go. We need a Charlie Ward type at backup PG, not a guy who needs to be a primary scorer to thrive.

<< However, he is a commodity for the mavs in trade.. so i'll love him when he gets shipped out >>

He IS a commodity, without question our biggest (that we're willing to part with). The whole point of my prior post is that I don't want the Mavs to give a guy away when they can probably land a pretty good player in return for him.