Thread: JJB Sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 02:48 AM   #79
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
But i do not blame him for that...

Simply because he always was (and always will be) a vastly undersized third string PG, whose task it actual should be to bring some change of pace into the game - its not his fault that Rick Carlisle keeps overplaying him!
This is a point that I think gets overlooked too often when everyone here (myself included) dumps on JJB. The problem with main Barea's role on the team is that he and Terry are on the floor together too much. Now, that's sort of understandable while Roddy is out, but it was also a HUGE problem last year. Even if JJB is your second-string PG, you can still adjust the rotation so he plays the majority of his minutes with Butler or Stevenson at the 2 next to him.

The point is, JJB is what he is, and when used properly, he can be effective. But Carlisle should know better than to have two guys who can't defend out there together for long stretches at a time.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote