View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 12:33 PM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Bradley in the 4th

Murphy,

I have mixed feelings on this... I think Bradley is without a doubt the most UNDERRATED player on our team... Often fans, myself included, will beg that we bring in a center that can play defense and block some shots while we have someone that can do just that... I think I ride the fence quite a bit with him, as he is truly so inconsistent... People continously remember the bad without remembering the good... We as fans remember the many times he will foul a man so soft that he can EASILY get the layup/dunk... We as fans remember the countless times he gets the ball and takes 13 steps, falls down, loses the ball/gets called for traveling... We as fans remember the large number of times Bradley will be tossed the ball and, while his arms are raised and the ball is truly only inches from entering the basket, he will NOT jump but rather hop only to get his shot blocked by a SF that DOES jump...

These type of things stick with you, and in all honesty, sway the majority to rather the Jamisons and Walkers of our team to play rather than him. I think I am somewhere in the middle of remembering the bad and knowing his abilities... I know he is TERRIBLE at some things, while being GREAT at others... But to get off of the fence and actually answer your question, I would say yes AND no... He needs more playing time when we are being scored upon inside... But when teams are coming back due to some marksman sniping us from outside, we need the Howards and Bests of our team to get more PT... Sure a great Center like Bradley could make the zone better enforced allowing the other members to guard the outside shooters better, but I would still say that when we are losing due to our opponents shooting lights out, LEAVE THE ZONE and put the best man to man defenders on the other guys...

So again, yes AND no...