View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #112
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
If that were our lineup , I would be pissed. And indeed I will be pissed if Wright is our starting 2 next year.
You don't think that having Kaman/Jefferson is better than having Damp/Josh? Obviously, the FO would still use the MLE to get rid of Wright as our starting SG, or, even better, use Damp's contract now or later to land a very good SG. The aforementioned lineup would be the status quo before any further trades.

The idea behind it is that a lineup of Kaman/Dirk/RJ/Wright/Kidd should have been possible and could have been improved with Damp's contract and the MLE.

It seems that we won't get Kaman or any other center of that calibre for free. As far as shooting guards are concerned, VC would be great. BUT: We would possibly (or even probably) have to give up Josh and Stack to get him. Then we would have to make perfect use of Damp and the MLE to get a center AND a starting small forward.

Kaman/Dirk/RJ/Wright/Kidd + Damp's contract + MLE looks better to me than ?/Dirk/?/VC/Kidd + Damp's contract + MLE.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote