View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #6
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Wade was impressive but not moreso than lebron. Bron seemed to pass a little more than wade in the 4th which he would have had 15 assists if they could shoot but he was just awesome. IMO the biggest difference between the two on the perimeter is that james can shoot and wade cant. Why anyone would ever not go under a screen against wade is just beyond me. Woodson is an idiot for continually telling lebron to go over. What a game though. I think lebron may very well win the mvp and i would vote him second right now but if he wins i wont be nearly as pissed as i would be if nash won. Good to see 2 young superstars go at it like that though.
Bron was other-worldly - I remember Legler and the other guy were making a comment about how defenses, night-in, night-out are designed specifically to keep players like LeBron from going to the hoop and just as they are saying that, Bron takes two dribbles from the 3pt line, loses Derek Anderson (his man defender) AND Shandon Anderson (the perimeter help) and takes it past Haslem in the paint for an easy lay-up and 1. The two guys went nuts - "Did You See That???" etc. etc.

If Marshall and Jones could find their freakin' shots, LeBron could very well have gotten 15 or 20 assists last night - Donyell's been throwing up nothing but bricks his entire tenure in Cleveland and Jones has been a shadow of his former self which just plain isn't fair because he's getting pretty much the same open looks Shaq got. It's really a shame - I wonder what kind of gaudy figures Redd and James would be putting up if they were playing on the same team. Or if LeBron had a legit PG instead of Eric Snow (or Damon Jones) on the floor. I wonder what kind of wear all these responsibilities has on LeBron - 40+ min. a night, initiating the offense, defending the opposing team's #1 or #2 perimeter player (in yesterday's case, Wade). Bron was on the bench during the time-outs with an icebag on his head...poor guy was absolutely dying.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-02-2006 at 11:35 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote