View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #63
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
I'm not against him shooting more than Dirk especially when that's the flow of the game and what the defensive is giving them. But I'm totally against him taking double the amount of shots in roughly the same playing time. ...Its just one thing I was looking for this game was the number of Ellis shots vs the number of Dirk shots...
Its way too early to be worried about this in the 1st pre-season game. Coaches learn nothing about the team by watching Dirk shoot, and that is what is most important in the early stages of camp...figuring out who can contribute and who deserves a roster spot. I liked seeing Dirk hanging out on the perimeter. Teams will have to put someone pretty big out there with him, or risk watching him rain 3's all night. When they do that, it opens up the middle for Monta to slash, and for him to dish to guys like Brandon. This can add a year to Dirk's career, and leave him fresh to destroy defenders when needed. As long as Ellis avoids taking bad shots, I'm okay with him taking more shots. He just need to realize that there are plenty of other scorers on this team. If he passes effectively, he's a Most Improved player candidate. wouldn't that be sweet?

Last edited by G-Man; 10-08-2013 at 02:13 PM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote