View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #484
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
If I'm wrong the consequences sure as hell won't be as bad as if your wrong.
Really? What part of "miracle cars which saved us from pestilence create the global warming crisis" did you not understand? I guess in 30 years when all our clean water supplies are contaminated by acid from trillions of old, corroding batteries, it'll be totally unrelated. Or when our landscape is peppered with windmills that completely alter wind and weather patterns, it'll also be totally unrelated. It's not like Ford and company said "yea, all that exhaust is gonna really screw up the environment, but ah f*#k it."

Quote:
The perspective of this board...[is] completely shortsighted.
You're also on this board, so either this encompasses you, or you've just smoovly pulled a silk. Look, some people don't believe humans could have affected global temperatures, so global warming is just a myth. However, I tend to appreciate that we as humans can have a significant impact on the world, so we should tread very carefully... especially given our track record of manure piles, carbon-reliance, over-farming that led to a dust bowl, nuclear waste/Chernobyl, etc. If we're so powerful as to have caused the end of the world through global warming, then we're also powerful enough to cause the end of the world through whatever half-assed solutions we slap together without enough thought.

Furthermore, you calling me "short-sighted" for wanting to make sure we don't make a bigger mess fixing our current mess is truly rich. I guess you can always say "Oh man, we didn't know!" when your solutions drive us off a different, unforeseen cliff.

Quote:
There are other perspectives to consider and none of you have given a thought towards any one of them.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

Oh wait, you're wrong.

Quote:
Awesome. I really didn't expect anyone on this board to agree, but the insults are definitely a bonus.
Yea, sorry, we fifty-year old conservative religious fanatics who only care about screwing the planet as much as possible before Jesus comes tend to be an ornery bunch.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-08-2009 at 09:57 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote