View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 09:43 PM   #863
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I think you don't understand the phrase, correlation is not causation. But whatever.
I understand it exactly. Do you? It's actually hilarious that you bring it up, because that's exactly what I was thinking when you responded. You mentioning it undermines your argument because it actually concedes that there IS a correlation. Saying that correlation is not causation does not mean that there is no correlation. It means that merely that it isn't definitively proven that one thing is the cause of the other. And that is absolutely true. It isn't definitively proven, and I certainly can't prove that really, really tall players are injury prone. There have been no real scientific studies on this to my knowledge. But correlation IS a form of evidence, and it is suggestive of causation, if not definitive proof of it.

Quote:
Say it whenever you want to. I'll be your huckleberry
Good. Because I'm saying it again. There absolutely 100% is a correlation between being extremely tall and being injury prone. If you say otherwise, you are absolutely wrong.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-01-2021 at 09:43 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote