View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 10:33 AM   #423
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Random thoughts:

1) I had a dream the Mavs picked 4th

2) None of us can say with ANY degree of certainty that _______ player will be a star or will be a bust.

For all we know, Hendricks is Christian Wood 2.0 with worse offense, and Dick is Duncan Robinson 2.0 with worse defense. (I don't believe this to be true, my point is just no one knows).

3) I really do trust Nico (and our new AGM) to evaluate and make the right decision... whether that's selecting a player or trading the pick. I don't think any of us can fault Nico for what he's done so far -- buying low on Wood, buying low on Kyrie, buying low on Hardy.

Obviously it would be nice to have Jaylin Williams on a rookie contract over our one year rental of Wood, but it was worth the swing.

4) I'm probably in the minority, but I'm optimistic about our future. If we have Luka, Kyrie, Green, Hardy, #10..... that's not a bad starting point to build something sustainable, especially when the league is wide open (in before Wemby becomes a Hakeem/ Dirk hybrid).
Nobody is saying there is a guarantee with any pick.
I'm just saying Dick and Hendricks appear to have star potential and probably some others as well, but most will be gone when we will most likely pick if that pick is 10.

Everything is speculation at this point including your dream which I hope comes true
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote