View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
So far, 97% on tomatometer. I've seen plenty of bad movies with a positive tomatometer, but 97% is somewhat encouraging. 127 fresh and 4 rotten.
The few negative reviews are more telling than any of the nostalgia-filled, hype-fueled early reviews for this thing... I'm definitely not interested in sipping haterade, but some of my greatest fears about this movie are cropping up, even in the positive reviews... The biggest one being that Star Wars relies on nostalgia as a crutch the same way the Star Trek reboot did. One reviewer even compared The Force Awakens to Gus Van Sant's Psycho remake, claiming that the general plot strokes are an exact carbon copy of A New Hope.

I mean, I'm still going to go see this movie, but my expectations are definitely tempered... Sounds more like this is going to be the millionth Star Wars rehash in the last 30 years rather than a revolutionary, new experience like Star Wars originally was. I guess I'll just have to settle for "good enough."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote