View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 06:34 PM   #24
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Realistically, you're comparing Star Wars to Jurassic World, Avengers 2, Mad Max, Abrams Star Trek, etc. I think it stacks up quite well against those.
Other than Mad Max, I'd say those movies also suffered from the same problems as The Force Awakens... Jurassic World was a sh!tty rehash of Jurassic Park that used nostalgia as a crutch while Avengers 2 was far too preoccupied with setting up the next 5 Marvel films to actually give a sh!t about the movie at hand.

Quote:
And anyone looking for some wholly original concept might as well not see a big budget movie.
It's a sequel, so nobody was expecting a "wholly original concept", but I certainly didn't think the movie was going to end up being completely unoriginal... I walked in expecting something on par with Star Trek 2009 (not wholly original, but not a complete ripoff of anything), and I walked out getting Star Trek Into Darkness (which was just a carbon copy of Wrath of Kahn the same way The Force Awakens was a carbon copy of A New Hope).

Fact: The Phantom Menace is more original than The Force Awakens (and it sickens me that I just typed those words, but it's the sad truth...)

Quote:
Oh sorry, you've got Jupiter Ascending. That was a real winner.
Nice cherry-pick... Counter argument: Guardians of the Galaxy.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-02-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote