View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 07:19 PM   #27
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Even A New Hope isn't really original. It is basically a carbon copy of Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey. http://www.thewritersjourney.com/hero's_journey.htm

Guardians was a fun movie, but it was more original in that it wasn't a dark, feel bad about yourself movie that superhero movies have mostly turned into these days. And anyway, Guardians was relatively a much smaller movie than Star Wars in which you can take more risks. And Disney even admitted it was a risk. No way they do that with the first movie of a franchise they just spent 4 billion on. They can be more original with Rogue One or the next episodes from here on. And the Chinese market really has changed how these types of movies are made.

Anyway, it wasn't a great movie by any means, but I felt I got my money's worth at least.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote