View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #61
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK LEGIONS View Post
get these 4 ny based players as free agents deron,lin,hump,novak.

they fit in with the way mavs play and deron,lin and novak are way better 3 point shooters then what mavs had this season

lin and novak off bench and have deron and hump in starting 5 with dirk.

and please can the mavs not draft some shitty euro player and get a ibaka type big foward or center to tag around with dirk.

the only player on mavs roster that was drafted by mavs was jason kidd almost 20 yrs ago. time to draft well
Lin is a terrible 3-point shooter, also the Knicks can, and will match any offer, especially because the max. he can get i believe around 6-7 mill. Humphries is a bad idea, he's a PF. Drafting a player like Ibaka is not easy. Also not easy to draft well when you always pick in the mid, high 20's, and when you have a top 5 pick, it's unfortunately 2004, not 2003. I wouldn't mind giving Novak a 2 million/year, anything more than that is overpaying, as he's a severely limited NBA player, he has one elit skill, stand-still 3 point shooting. Can't create, can't defend, can't pass.

I don't have a problem drafting high upside players who you can stash, sooner or later, one of them will pan out. This year though, i'd definitely go on a different route, this year's draft is really deep, we can get a player who can help in the rotation next year, maybe even a big if we're lucky.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote