View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #22
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
On that note - what about legalizing/taxing marijuana?

How much money would that raise per state (not to mention the money it would save not having to house the 1% of our national population that currently reside in our overcrowded prison system)?

Just tossing ideas out there...
I am not saying I am for it, but if this really is the home of free choice --

why not go ahead and tax legal prostitution, tax the snot out of many drugs, etc.

I have been to Amsterdam. All I ask for is that "IF" it is proved that a drug (alcohol) is the reason for the crime, the sentence be automatically doubled and no parole. Steal for drug money (double the sentence - no parole). DWI -- double sentence, no parole. Black Market drugs -- life in prison or death sentence.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote