View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 10:10 PM   #18
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pete Sampras retires

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Can you explain what you mean by inablilty to finish an opponent. He has won more Grand Slam titles than any one who has ever played tennis. Yes, he liked to keep his personal charisma to himself and not share with us but who cares. As I said he has done things noone else did.
It always seemed like he'd have to win in 5 sets or 4sets. He never dominated like Martina, or Serena, or Agassi. I like the guy, but he's not number one.

Lets leave martina or serena( women's tennis). I have never seen a player other than sampras who dominated the opponent and won in 3-4 sets more than anyone. Sampras has always dominated agassi dating back to last years US OPEN. I have not seen Sampras playing too many 5 set games.