View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 06:59 AM   #54
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Really love the pro-love for RC there. My only complaint....

Quote:
Why he’s not higher: For all of the things Carlisle does well, he’s never been particularly good at developing young players. The Indiana roster he left behind had virtually no up-and-comers for his replacement to inherit and took years to rebuild. And, his Dallas benches have often relied on veterans nobody else wanted because he hasn’t found younger guys to fill those roles. The ultimate example is Jae Crowder. Carlisle couldn’t find a use for him, but Brad Stevens almost immediately turned him into a borderline All-Star.
While I do think that in RC's system sometimes the wing players just stand in the corner and are largely ignored for stretches. This Crowder stuff is getting out of hand. He's a quality player for sure but borderline all star? His PER was 15.8 last year, the league average is 15 every year. Parsons on one leg half the time he was on the floor was a 16.2. Monta who is the go to for borderline all star talks has had several seasons where he was 16.5-19.0 and not made the all star. a dude who barely is above the league average in PER is not a borderline all star to me. And outside of Crowder I can't really recall a young player who RC did not develop who left and became something memorable.

And fwiw just to clarify, the worst player who made the all star game last year in the east would prolly be isaiah thomas(21.5) or al horford(19.3). Both well above the league average area where Crowder is.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 10-07-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote