Thread: Lack of PF
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 10:21 AM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Lack of PF

Quote:
Originally posted by: giantbenmav
The Nuggets need for a SG is the main reason I can see them giving us a good look for Stackhouse.......as a rival we would have to offer better than most team, but you know what? Stackhouse is better than most other teams could/would offer.........

I have no idea about the numbers but we could trade Stackhouse and a Center (Bradley / Booth) and that would put nene on the team as both backup C and PF........10 minutes as Dirk's backup and another 15-20 as a regular in the center rotation.......and a chance to get back at the team that traded for KMart to take his place

what kind of #'s would we need to get to match up the salaries....I imagine Stackhouse makes a LOT more than Nene
I think they could do something like this, if Mark will buy out TAW, EE, and Dickau

Dallas trades: SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Nene Hilario (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
SF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -11.2 ppg, -2.0 rpg, and -3.7 apg.

Denver trades: SF Nene Hilario (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
SF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.9 minutes)
Denver receives: SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 26 games)
Change in team outlook: +11.2 ppg, +2.0 rpg, and +3.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I don't think that Denver would do it, but from a Dallas perspective of clearing out a little of the 2/3 and worrying about the future...but IMO it makes sense.

EL is correct though, do you really want to go face Miller, Stackhouse, Anthony, KMart, Camby ?? Why help out Denver for backups?

<edit>
If this did happen:

Terry (1/2), Harris(1)
Daniels(1/2/3), Finley(2/3)
Howard(2/3), Skita(3/4)
Nowitzki(3/4/5),NeNe(4/5)
Dampier(5), Bradley(5)

Booth(4/5), Benga(4/5), PPod(5), AJ(1)

Henderson (4)

That's 15.
Man, Nellie really would be the MAD scientist with all the options he would have.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote