View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 10:07 PM   #1833
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I said it already. No. I don't think any team is particularly desperate to shed salary right now, enough to part with anything of value for just an expiring contract alone. The expiring contract will have to be part of a larger package along with first round picks and/or promising young prospects, and the Mavs have neither.

So yeah, the Mavs are in a pretty damn tough spot to make a trade- especially before the deadline. If this free agent class were still historically loaded, then maybe. But this is now a really weak free agent class. So, I don't think anyone is eager to give up actual good players for James Johnson's expiring contract.
Which is not good for the Mavs because as it stands right now this team is another 1st round exit.

In fact I can't even remember when was the last time they've made it past the 1st round outside of the 2011 Finals and prior to that season they were bounced if I'm not mistaken by the Spurs in the 1st round.

So this really goes way back to like a decade since Dallas has been a legit playoff contender.

I think if a player like Gordon is really on the market they should at least offer up something of value and stand pat hoping more time together will make them better this year.

Kleber is a stretch 4 that I think Orlando would like plus young prospects like Green and Terry might entice them. I know neither player has played much in Dallas but that's not to say in Orlando they wouldn't get any time.

Kevin Porter Jr is a prime example of what could potentially happen if you give minutes to a young player and I highly doubt Kevin Porter Jr would sniff the floor in Dallas.

Orlando would probably say no but Cuban seems only set on another star player and not willing to settle for just a very good Player like Gordon.

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-16-2021 at 10:11 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote