View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 01:19 PM   #39
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Trade Walker....

The point of this thread wasn't to knock A. Walker's skills as a player, but what serves best for the Mav's as a team....

It was to point out that this team went to the WCF last season with the big 3 leading the way (so we know that this formula at an all start level PG+SG+PF can take you far in this league). I was under the impression that what this team was lacking was a one-n-one defender down in the post to guard the likes of Shaq or Duncan. I agree that either Jamison or Walker can be the fourth option on scoring like Van Exel. To this point I like Jamison because he is accepting his role, and wants to be what Van Exel was to this team last season, and Walker wants to be more like Shaq is to the Laker's (this is Walker's team attitude)...

Walker definitely is playing at a better level than he did at Boston, but will he be that defender that will shut Shaq and Duncan down come playoff time, and that's in reality what this team is needing. I feel that Dallas has the pieces to make a move to get an improvement from what they have in their interior to matchup better against those other teams, but if they stay pat and play like they did last night in the playoff's they will knocked out pretty quick.

If Walker is the answer than maybe the big 3 should come into question, and another rebuilding time will come into place.

With all this to the side; Nellie has alot of work again to do with this team.

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote