View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
no....

I think you're just looking at this through really prejudiced eyes -- the idea that black people commit more crimes is something you accept as fact....I don't, obviously.

Suggesting that people in positions of power are routinely prosecuted for crimes kind of misses the point of being in a position of power, and suggesting that having more money leads one to commit fewer crimes is so silly that I can hardly respond.

(then again, for all I know Colombian drug lords commonly retire after amassing a few hundred thousand in savings and spend their days in their underwear playing the stock market and Texas Hold 'em on the internet)
let's see, do I address your reading issues first or your falacious conclusions first?

let's start with your reading issues....
nowhere did I post that "black people commit more crimes". the very idea that you suggest such reveals a deep seated prejudice in your thoughts.

I did state that there is a "higher incidence of crimes committed by blacks as a % of the overall pop", which is factual as stated in the uniform crime report data. facts tend to trump prejudice.

as for the affect of income on criminal activity, well, if you dismiss this conclusion based on your experience with columbian drug lords you're just lost. the linkage has been empircally documented by researchers (such as jackson, eberts/schwirian and braithwaite), by both sociologists as well as economists, to name a few.

as for your dismissal that "that people in positions of power are routinely prosecuted for crimes kind of misses the point of being in a position of power", well, yes, people in power DO get prosecuted, so here again you are just wrong.

quite a troika of dubious acheivement in just one post...well done.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote