View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #22
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

With all this bickering said.

IMO. the deeper issue is acceptance (much forced) and the breakdown of the family structure.

Women usually think with their hearts and men logically (except when it comes to women). Mothers accept what young men do because they love them, where fathers usually don't accept these kinds of actions.

Back in the days of slavery, women were literally bred, and men were sold off as animals, the family structure was broken down badly.

Add to this men have gone off to war, and women to work -- women were emasculated and didn't need the man in the family structure.

Acceptance of unlawfulness, and even justifying it because of past wrongs has led to much criminal activity, and little peer pressure to stop it. Add to it the class system that is in the US (and around the world), and that the "easy" way to get into the next class is to do illegal things, and it is not just justified, it is thought to be a legitimate way.

Although there are criminals of every known race, I think that much is made of the numbers of Blacks because of how they are educated. Some feel like they as a race have been wronged, and they justify wrong for wrong. Most are taught from day one that they have had a bad background, and feel like they have to fight to get an even deal all their lives. Let's face it, most whites are not taught to have to fight against everyone and everything from the day they are born. I am also not saying that there isn't some justification because of the racism that has plagued the US.

I guess I am saying that, IMO, the breakdown of the family unit is the deepest issue, and that the way to resolve the issue is through better education and a shunning of people when they do wrong. It doesn't take a village to raise a child. It takes a mother and a father dedicated to making sure that the child is reared properly, and them instilling in the child a sense of right and wrong.

I understand what Alex is saying, and he has a point, but it is more than just what the law is. It is the acceptance of breaking any laws.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote