View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #37
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I don't understand why you're still playing the gender angle when it's obvious that financial standing is the primary motivation for crime...

Is a rich man more likely to mug someone than a poor woman?
If you know only 1 thing about 4 different people:
1 is a man
1 a woman
1 a rich person
1 a poor person

Betting that the man is the criminal is the safest bet.

Quote:
I have no idea why men are more motivated to commit crime than women - you'll have to ask God that one...
I don't know why it's so hard to say, "my ideas cannot explain the data."

Quote:
(although an evolutionist might tell you that it's because men have traditionally been the hunters of our species, therefore more inclined toward violence...)
A spaghetti monsterist might say that men were created with a fork in one hand and a can of Parmesan in the other. Neither would explain why all the people on the list posted above (fare dodgers and traffic violators) are there, let alone why the demographics of such lists are as they are.

Quote:
Personally, I'm more interested in the racial angle of this discussion - men & women are wired differently by nature, whereas race is a division of culture (and culture is a choice, to a certain degree...)
That's funny cause just a few posts ago you were saying that people were wrong for trying to turn it into a discussion about race. (and race is largely biological; and sex (gender, anyway) is partly social).

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 06-11-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote