View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 05:31 AM   #32
gsafier

gsafier is on a distinguished road

Disclaimer: I'm an Israeli meaning I'm a bloodthirsty child-killing zealot

Upon searching "Gal Mekel" (Who BTW, just had a triple-double with the national team - good for him) I stumbled upon this forum and this thread.
OP made a well-elaborated post with nice graphics, so I started reading.

First point - Only Jews are Israeli nationals, Arabs, Druze Bedouins and other minorities are not. Now that, regardless of your political opinions, is factually wrong. The reality is that Jews comprise about 75% of Israeli citizens and the rest are Arabs, Druize, Bedouins etc. Don't take my word for it, check Wikipedia.

In fact, the Israeli Arabs enjoy freedom unparalleled in any other Arab country in the Middle East. For example, as any citizen, they have the right to vote and be elected. In fact 10% of the Israeli parliament members are Arabs. Again, don't take my word for it, check what Wiki has to say.

Israel is ranked 19 in the world in Human Development Index (HDI) with a score of 0.888. The ethnic group with the highest HDI in Israel is...Christian Arabs. In fact, Israel is the only country in the Middle East where the Christian population is growing and flourishing (What happens to other Christian communities in neighboring countries? I'll let you find that out yourself, I'll warn you that it's not a nice reading though). Now, how is that possible under the brutal Israeli apartheid?

I'm not claiming Israel is perfect and that you couldn't find cases of racism and discrimination. My point is, that the first claim of the OP was a blunt lie. I imagine the rest of his post is equally accurate, but I found no point in further reading it. If you want to have a meaningful discussion, then it has to be based on facts and not colorful graphics.
gsafier is offline   Reply With Quote