Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #115
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
Question: How good is Rondo's defense? I know it's a million times better than Jameer Nelson's, but how much better is it than Devin Harris's? And just in general terms, how good of a defender is he, actually? I don't watch a lot of C's games but I hear a lot of talk about how his defense is overrated..
It's below league average for a starting NBA PG, but he's closer to league average than he is to Devin Harris defensively. It's a small, incremental upgrade. I read Haralabos Voulgaris on Twitter a lot. He's the most successful NBA bettor in the world, and he spends 50+ hours a week watching NBA soecifically focusing on individual defense so he can chart the value of each player defensively where statistics are a lot less reliable. He was constantly ripping Rondo's D as being vastly overrated and below league average even back when the Celtics were consistently making the playoffs and he still had young legs and was consistently putting in good effort. Rondo's been MUCH worse than that on D the last 2 years.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote