View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #40
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
What I see as wrongdoing is the effective blackmail of lenders into lowering credit standards so that people who shouldn't have been getting mortgages were. What I also see as wrongdoing is ACORN getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars by these banks (in addition to the relaxation of credit standards) so that they wouldn't create a fuss.
your vision may be, say, clouded in it's accuracy.

acorn was paid by banks for counseling services, as well as for the ventures the banks and acorn formed to facilitate first time home buyers getting into their homes. banks do that with a variety of public and private groups.

again, do you see better accesibility to housing and lending by minorities and lower income households wrong? that is the mission of acorn.

Quote:
Or, if they simply don't have enough income to afford it. Providing a mortgage to a person that can't afford it does them no favors.
that is true for all income strata, low income, middle income or high income, and the lenders should be doing the qualifying to determine if the borrower can perform.

Quote:
I don't have any problem with private efforts to register voters. I do have a problem with trying to register unqualified voters to vote.
It seems like we're on the same page here.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote