View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 04:19 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:The Booth fallout

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
How about Walker/Stackhouse/Delk/Howard for Carter/Rose?

Four for two reduces the roster size. Then Toronto can deal Walker to the Knicks if they want to. If nothing else, they can keep him until the deadline, when his value should increase.

Any freaking day of the week! This team NEEDS another superstar. Carter is THE best player available.

I remember talking to a friend at the beginning of the offseason. He proposed which superstar I would want the Mavs to aquire if the Shaq deal fell through. I chose Carter over McGrady, Iverson, and others. I just think he's a incredibly talented man with an enormous chip on his shoulder. He wants to win. He wants to get respect. If we aquire him, I think he's going to blow people's minds. We don't have Nash on this team anymore. We need three scoring threats, and the threat doesn't come much bigger than Vince Carter. There is only one way to return to the level of play that we had before Nash left, and that is to trade for an all-NBA type guard . The Mavericks desperately "need" Vince Carter. Vince Carter desperately needs the Mavs. It's a deal that MUST be done.

Jalen Rose has been a favorite of mine for years and years and years. I love his versatility. I love his size and athleticism. I know this may bring back bad memories for some people, but Rose is the perfect Don Nelson point forward. He is better than Walker in this role primarlily because playing him still allows the Mavericks to play both Dirk AND a true shotblocking center. He can provide veteran PG ahead or behind Harris and Daniels. He can backup Vince Carter or Michael Finley. He can play along side Michael Finley and Vince Carter. He can play in big lineups AND in small lineups. Like I said, a perfect Nelson guard. A perfect fit for this team.

I don't like trading Howard, but I like that trade a lot.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote