View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #929
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

I'm just not quite sure how to feel this morning.

It sucks being punched in the nuts by DJ. It did prove that he is going to be alright being the 4th option in LA, which meant he didn't have the spine or mind to be a #1 like Dirk has been for the last 15 years. I know some will say "dude, you're just in denial about the whole situation" but after getting some sleep, I honestly can't say that I am. Mark Followills' tweets yesterday pretty much set my opinion about Jordan straight. He's is not, and will never be a franchise guy. He was so easily manipulated by Rivers and his cast of butt buddies, that how the hell could a guy like that ever carry the torch for a franchise? And as a fan, would we really want to invest our future in a guy like that?

Now, none of what I said above makes the ramifications of our abortion of an offseason any better. This shit was dark and we are likely going to be stuck in a spiral of true mediocrity for a long time. Cuban said today that Matthews is sticking around. I'm happy about this that the guy seems very stand up and legit. There's another side of me that's like "fuck, this means that we could be hanging around a 9-10 seed in the West which would make us just slightly good enough to not qualify for good picks".

I AM over Jordan and am at peace with the fact that he's a bottom bitch and truly feel he will never blossom into franchise material. I am fine with letting Ellis go. I am not mad at letting Tyson go because Cuban didn't know Jordan was going to be a punk ass bitch. That doesn't make it hurt any less that with all this extra cap space we probably could have kept Chandler. I would have been alright letting Ellis go, keeping Chandler then having a butt ton of money to go after other assets (maybe not this year, but eventually).

In summary, our situation sucks, but I'm over DJ. I do subscribe to the idea that we dodged a bullet with him. It's just super shitty that this couldn't have happened 5 days ago. The situation is what it is. And yes, we need to all accept that Dirk and Rick's days with us are VERY limited. This is the reality moving forward and we need to start preparing for it.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-09-2015 at 09:20 AM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote